Sunday 1 January 2012

The Night After The Night Before…

Evening and Happy New Year,

It was about this time last night, that I was throwing some really good sounds down at Skuba here in Folkestone, and the vibe and atmosphere was quality in all regards.  Didn’t get many requests, just a few requests for tracks that I’d thrown on earlier in the night but hey that’s not bad going for a first public gig.

Photos from the night are on Facebook here!

Haven’t had a bad word said about the set, which went from just after 7.15pm, till 2am – first track was Netsky’s remix of Swedish House Mafia’s “One”, whereas the first track when the party officially started at 8pm was Solu Music’s Fade.  The aim of the night was to keep people dancing and happy and keep a steady rhythm on proceedings without any sudden changes or drops!

The midnight fun worked, though I didn’t quite do what I planned, however it probably worked better because of that – syncing the 24 theme clock with the sounds coming off my decks with imagery of Big Ben and London’s fireworks, whilst some folky remix of “Auld Lang Syne” played in the background, until I pulled the brakes on that!

Then, Daft Punk’s “One More Time” came on.  A special moment, which got a few nods of approval.  Beautiful.

Hopefully, this will lead towards something more concrete where I am gigging on a regular basis.  Having got the playlist on VDJ – and with a request from one of my housemates to record the set, I’m going to redo part of the set in the week and record, and get it on Mixcloud for all your listening pleasure.

Fantastic night!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment